Daniel Doyle, used to be 34 and is from Dublin. Having studied sculpture in the Dublin Institute of Technology’s College of Marketing & Design, Daniel has spent the last ten years working on many different projects in Ireland and abroad – here are a select few.
- 2005 Video composition to accompany performance of ‘Boil’ at the Estonian music days festival.
- 2004 Co-Produced, directed and edited ‘Cool Carvings’ ice carving documentary
- 1996~2002 Building props and sets for many Music promos and advertisements
- 1996~2002 sculpture assistant to the Irish artist Patrick O’ Reilly providing technical support and fabrication of many of his sculptures.
- 2001 Lead sculptor of the Burren Interpretive centre, Kilfinora County clare.
- 1996~2000 Decorative painter of countless bars night clubs and restaurants in Ireland and abroad with the Company ‘Paint works’
Since leaving college Daniel has also continually participated in Sand, Snow and Ice sculpture events all over the world. In conjunction with his sculpture work Daniel is also pushing more and more into film; with many projects in preproduction both as part of Duthain Dealbh, and with his own production company.
1990~1994: College of marketing and Design, Certificate in Fine Art.
Mountjoy Sq., Dublin 1. Diploma in Fine Art.
May~1993: 4th student Biennial, Maastricht, Master classes under
Holland. Richard Deacon.
- 2010 Irish Architectural Archive. Solo Show.
- 2004 Droichead, arts center. Group Show.
- 2003 Dublin City Center Secret project.
- 2001 The Sugar Cube, Leitrim. Group show.
- 1997 R.H.A. Gallery, Dublin 2. D.I.T. exhibition.
- 1994 Irish Life Mall, Dublin 1. Group show.
- 1994 C.O.M.A.D. Dublin 1. Final year show.
- 1993 MECC Biennial, Maastricht, Holland. International student group show.
- 1993 Imago, Irish Life Mall, Dublin 1. Student group show.
Festivals and Competitions
Since early 1996 Niall has been representing Ireland both at home and abroad sculpting in a variety of ephemeral materials. These festivals have brought him to all corners of the globe including; USA, Singapore, China, Russia, Canada, and all over Europe. During this time he has received many awards and accolades, for his work in sand, Snow, Ice, Fire and also combinations of these.